Friday, August 14, 2026

BOO to You! A Spooky Little Halloween Card

Halloween is one of my favorite occasions to craft for — there's just something about black cardstock, glitter, and a good ghost die that makes a project feel fun from the very first snip. Today I'm sharing a card that came together around a gnarled, spooky branch, a trio of ghosts, and a sentiment with a little sparkle to it.

I started with a Basic Black cardstock card base and ran a coordinating Basic Black two-tone cardstock panel through the Swirls of Magic embossing folder. Once embossed, I then lightly sanded the raised embossed area for some subtle texture around the edges before adhering it to the card base. For the focal panel, I reached for the Frightfully Fun Designer Series Paper — that warm, moody orange background was exactly the "sunset before the haunting" feeling I wanted.

From there, the Oh My Fright dies did most of the heavy lifting: a black cardstock tree stretches across the panel, a couple of bats tuck into the corners, and two vellum ghosts drift among the branches for a soft, see-through effect that plays nicely against the solid black die cuts. I also cut a third ghost from the Frightfully Fun DSP itself using one of the same Oh My Fright dies, and popped it up on Black Stampin' Dimensionals to give it a bit of lift off the panel.

For the sentiment, I stamped "BOO to you" in Basic Black ink onto the DSP using one of the stamps from the Oh My Fright stamp set — but I wanted the "BOO" itself to have some sparkle, so I die cut it separately from a piece of Black Glimmer paper from my stash using one of the Web of Fun dies. Before cutting, I backed the glimmer paper with a piece of Adhesive Sheet, which made adhering that fussy little die cut so much easier — no fumbling with liquid glue on glitter paper.

Inside, I kept things simple and let the stamps do the talking: "Happy Halloween" and a little cluster of bats from the Oh My Fright stamp set, stamped in Basic Black ink along with a fussy-cut ghost from the Frightfully Fun DSP. It's a nice quiet moment after all the layers on the front.

This one was such a fun card to put together, and I love how the vellum ghosts give it some depth without overwhelming the design. It's a perfect card to tuck into a Halloween treat bag or send to a friend who loves this spooky season as much as I do!

Thanks so much for stopping by — happy crafting, and Happy Halloween! 🎃

 Get the New Demonstrator Welcome Box when you sign-up to join Stampin' Up!

Click here to Join my Team!

Check out the links below, to see all of the exciting things happening with Stampin' Up!


15% off select cardstock and Designer Series Paper Sale August 4-31

Introducing the Stampin' Hot Foil System and the Metallic Magic Craft Class!

Available On-Demand!

August Product of the Month

This retreat is currently on sale in the Last Chance Products List and is available only while supplies last.

If you love paper crafting and are looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I'd love to help! Shop through my Online Store to earn Stampin' Rewards for free and discounted products.

And if you're as passionate about crafting as I am, why not join my Stampin' Up! team? As a demonstrator, you'll get early access to the newest products and catalogs, enjoy exclusive discounts, earn a commission, and become part of an amazing global crafting community.
If this sounds exciting to you, let's chat!
Happy crafting! ✂️💖


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment