Friday, March 11, 2022

Hand-Penned Thank You

This card was made using the Hand-Penned Suite.  This is such a beautiful suite and it is fun to make cards with it.
 
I don't know about you, but I have the hardest time lining up stamps when they are a two-step stamp unless I use my Stamparatus. However, for this stamp set the Stamparatus is not needed, the fill stamps are meant to give the design a hand drawn watercolored look. 

For this card, I used the Hand-Penned Memories & More Cards & Envelopes.  The base card in this pack is a lovely Mint Macaron color with White dots.

The next layer, I used a piece of Vellum and embossed it with the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder and then adhered it to the card front in places that I knew would be hidden by the flowers and the sentiment.

The Hand-Penned Petals stamp set has several flower and leaf stamps to choose from and coordinates with the Penned Flowers dies.  I used the largest flower stamp, which is an outline stamp, and stamped it onto Basic White Cardstock using Memento Tuxedo Black ink two times.  

Once stamped, I used the coordinating "fill" or "step 2" Hand-Penned Petals stamps to color the flower bunch.  When stamping the smaller Highland Heather flowers, I "stamped off" once and then stamped the fill stamp.  This gave the appearance of lighter and darker flowers.  A Dark Pale Papaya Stampin' Blend was used to color in the center of the little Daffodil Delight flowers. The leaves were stamped in Mint Macaron ink.  The two flower bunches were cut out using the coordinating Penned Flowers die. Once cut out the flower bunches were adhered onto the card front.

The sentiment label was cut out using Highland Heather cardstock and the smallest "ticket-shaped" die from the Hippo & Friends dies.  The "Thank You" sentiment is from the Happy & Heartfelt Stamp set and has been stamped in Highland Heather ink.

Frosted white Elegant Faceted Gems were adhered randomly onto the card front.
Here's a peek at the inside of the card.  The flower is stamped with the same stamp that was used on the front of the card, except I only used a small part of the stamp.  The flowers were colored in using their coordinating step 2 or fill stamp.

The coordinating envelopes from the Hand-Penned Memories & More Cards & Envelopes pack are Pale Papaya and White stripe.  The envelope flap comes already embellished with the floral design.  The flower in the lower left corner of the envelope is a sticker from the Hand-Penned Memories & More Card Pack.

 I hope you have enjoyed looking at my card and have been inspired to try some of my ideas on your own.  If you are looking for a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, I would love it if you chose me as your demonstrator!  When you place an order in my online store you can earn Stampin’ Rewards that can be used for free and discounted products, or used toward your Starter Kit, if you are interested in becoming a Stampin' Up! demonstrator


Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment